Proposed Sports Anti-Doping Rules 2020 under consultation
Posted by NZ Law Society on October 14 2019 in News
The Board of Drug Free Sport New Zealand has advised that it proposes to make the Sports Anti-Doping Rules 2020 under section 16 of the Sports Anti-Doping Act 2006.
The 2020 Rules will amend the Sports Anti-Doping Rules 2019. The draft 2020 Rules and the material incorporated by reference can be found on the organisation's website.
It is proposed that the 2020 Rules incorporate by reference the following World Anti-Doping Agency International Standards:
- World Anti-Doping Agency 2020 List of Prohibited Substances and Methods.
- World Anti-Doping Agency International Standard for Therapeutic Use Exemptions, effective 1 January 2019.
- World Anti-Doping Agency International Standard for Testing and Investigations, effective 1 March 2019.
- World Anti-Doping Agency International Standard for Laboratories, effective 2 June 2016.
- World Anti-Doping Agency International Standard for the Protection of Privacy and Personal Information, effective 1 June 2018.
- World Anti-Doping Agency International Standard for Code Compliance by Signatories, effective 1 April 2018.
Comments on the proposed rules are to be received by 29 October 2019.
If you would like more information regarding the above, or have any questions, please contact us.
Author: New Zealand Law Society, 08 October 2019
Original Article: https://www.lawsociety.org.nz/news-and-communications/latest-news/news/proposed-sports-anti-doping-rules-2010-under-consultation
This paper gives a general overview of the topics covered and is not intended to be relied upon as legal advice.